Formlabs Colour Kit
The first integrated colour mixing solution for resin, the Colour Kit from Formlabs allows you to print in colour without the need to spend ages painting. This kit is the only way to achieve compatible coloured resin for your Formlabs Form 3, 3B, 3L or 3BL. Using any other resin or pigment not included in this kit is not advised and could lead to ruination of both resin cartridge and resin tank.
1. Select a colour - there are 16 fully tested colours to choose from in the recipe book, or you can create your own.
2. Add Pigment - follow the recipe and add the correct amounts of pigment to your base cartridge.
3. Shake - shake your cartridge to mix the pigment with your base resin (make sure you turn it and shake vigorously for at least 4 minutes).
4. Print - once the colour is ready simply insert the cartridge into your printer and print as normal.
For a detailed list of everything that's included in this package, please click "What's in the box?" above.
If you wish to experiment, there are no guarantees, but you can try mixing your own colour based on RGB or hexadecimal code - create 3D prints in your brand colours!
Supports print resolutions: 100, 50, and 25 microns.
No post-curing required.
This Form X material requires extra steps for successful printing.
Note: Print settings for this material may not be available yet on Form 3L and Form 3BL printers. Please email email@example.com or call 01765 694 007 for more information.
- 1 x 800ml Colour Base Cartridge
- Cyan Pigment
- Magenta Pigment
- Yellow Pigment
- Black Pigment
- White Pigment
- Color Resin Recipe Book
Why can't you use the pigments with clear or white resin?
Clear and White Resin both contain a blocking agent that Formlabs had to remove for the Base Colour Resin to achieve the full colour spectrum.
What colour is the base colour?
It is an opaque white.
Do I need to change resin tanks each time?
You only need to change resin tanks if you change colour, but you can use multiple batches of the same colour in the same resin tank.