Formlabs Tough 1500 Resin V1 (1L)
Choose Tough 1500 Resin for:
- Parts that repeatedly bend and quickly return to shape
- Jigs and fixtures requiring repeated deflection
- Simulating the strength and stiffness of polypropylene (PP)
- Tough 1500 Resin is certified safe for skin contact
Compatible with: Form 3, Form 3L, Form 3B, Form 3BL, Form 2
With Formlabs Tough 1500 Resin, you can manufacture strong, resilient and pliable parts with the Form 3 3D printers.
Tough 1500 Resin is similar in strength and stiffness to polypropylene but is designed to bend and spring back quickly. It does this under repeated cyclic loading, making it ideal for parts like springs and functional joints.
In their release of Tough 1500, Formlabs showed off a bottle cap and glasses frames to demonstrate the detail and finish achievable with the resin. The frames could be twisted and bent without damage to the material, while the bottle cap functioned perfectly with a snap-fit rear joint and front hinge.
The key difference between Tough 1500 Resin and Tough Resin is that Tough 1500 Resin bends and springs back. Both materials behave similarly under an applied force, but 1500 is different in its elongation and performance.
Use Tough 1500 Resin to print functional prototypes and end-use connectors, casings, hinges, press-fits, snap-fits, jigs, fixtures, consumer products and much more. When printed, the material is an opaque grey with a fine finish. It simulates the strength and stiffness of PP so can replace this material in various applications.
Update July 2021
Tough 1500 Resin is now certified safe for skin contact, also making it an ideal material for wearables, personal protective equipment, and other consumer goods. For parts to be certified safe for skin contact, the recommended Tough 1500 Resin post-processing conditions must be followed:
- After printing, wash with Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA, ≥ 99%) in a Form Wash for 20 minutes or until clean. Note: Make sure IPA does not include residues from other Engineering or Standard Resins.
- After washing, let the part dry for at least 30 minutes. Note: Drying times may vary depending on ambient conditions and part design.
- After drying, post-cure your parts in a Form Cure for 60 minutes at 70 °C.