Just over two months ago, Formlabs announced their Formlabs User Summit 2021, a free virtual event running from October 26-27, 2021. Today, we have multiple updates to share regarding the event’s speaker lineup across some of the most popular applications. Here’s a comprehensive look.
- The latest Product Design panel will feature Prototype Lab Lead Technician Kat Ermant from Peloton, as well as two New York City-based Form 3L Users, Tomer Emmar, lead digital designer at Tapestry/Coach, and Makelab CEO Christina Perla.
- In the topics of Engineering & Manufacturing, we will be joined by Peter Deppe, co-founder & CEO of micro-mobility startup KUHMUTE alongside Dmitry Vasilev, co-founder & CEO of Karfidov Lab. From industrial design to end-use parts, you will hear from the innovators pushing 3D printing to the limit. You can also look forward to an opening keynote from Grace Tan-Wang, Principal System Engineer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where you will hear about her career and her approach to solving complex problems.
- The Dental track continues to grow with the addition of Conrad J Rensburg, CEO and head of the implant division at Absolute Dental Lab as well as Sam Wainwright, dental product manager at Formlabs Dental. With panels, workshops, and even a presentation from Christian Coachman at Digital Smile Design, this track at Formlabs User Summit will be an essential stop for Formlabs Dental users.
- This year’s Healthcare track will be the biggest yet, with an expansive lineup which reflects the diverse range of 3D printing applications found in the medical industry. The latest speakers include Dylan Horvath, CEO and founder of award-winning medical device product design firm Cortex Design as well as Matias Ezequiel Biancucci, co-founder of surgical planning & simulation business development company MIRAI 3D. Alongside 2020 Formlabs Impact Award winner Summer Decker, Amy Alexander from Mayo Clinic, and Professor Jan Wolff from the University of Aarhus.
- The Education track features speakers with very different perspectives including CAPT Brad W. Baker, PhD, makerspace lab director at the United States Naval Academy, and Sarah Boisvert, an expert in workforce training and founder of New Collar Network. In addition to applying 3D printing in education, Formlabs University sessions will teach you how to master the complete Formlabs workflow.
- If you’re interested in using 3D printing for Arts & Entertainment, you won’t want to miss the upcoming sessions from Daniel Bel, art director at Sideshow Collectibles, and Paul Gaboury, lead product development manager at Pixologic, the makers of ZBrush. Beyond collectibles and CAD, you can also look forward to hearing from Ya’ara Keydar, fashion historian and curator, and Mei-An Tsu, associate objects conservator at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.
It’s not stopping here! Formlabs will continue to expand the lineup with something for everyone across industries and the globe. So stay tuned for more updates across Formlabs’ social media channels as well as the speaker page as we count down to the main event.
We hope to see you at this year’s summit!